Passion fruit mousse is supposed to be the closest thing that Brazil has to a national dessert. It’s not hard to see why. Mousse? Great! Passion fruit? Amazing! I absolutely love tropical fruits, so this dessert is right up my street.
Prep: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time
- 4 passion fruit, pulp and seeds scooped out
- 150g sweetened condensed milk
- 175ml fresh whipping cream
- 4 lemon shortbread thins, to serve
- Put ¾ of the passion fruit pulp and seeds (reserve the rest for decorating) in a food processor or blender and whiz to a purée.
- Push through a sieve into a bowl, to remove the seeds.
- Add the condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cream into another bowl and use a hand-held electric whisk to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold through the passion fruit mixture, 1/3rd at a time, until combined.
- Spoon into small serving glasses and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Spoon the reserved passion fruit over the mousses and serve with the lemon thins.