It’s Christmas; time for eating drinking and being very, very merry! Socialising is one of the best things about the festive season, and I love having a full house.
Of course, along with drinks comes the need to keep them cool. I found this method for making a beautiful ice- bucket using a plastic bottle and water! You can decorate it however you like using a range of materials. The end result is stunning – and costs virtually tuppence!
You Will Need:
Empty 2ltr plastic bottle
Empty 1ltr glass bottle
Decorative materials for ice-bucket e.g:
sprigs of herbs
food colouring etc.
- Cut the top off empty plastic bottle.
- Place glass bottle inside.
- Fill two-thirds of bottle with water.
- Push decorative materials around the sides (or add food colouring. Do not stir if you want a marbled effect.)
- Stand the bottle in the freezer for 4-5 hours until frozen.
- When ready to use, run glass bottle quickly under a hot tap so that it slides off.
- Place hand-crafted, highly original ice-bucket on the table along with drinks and mixers.
- Wait for admiring comments!
- Use boiled, slightly cooled water for a crystal clear finish.
- You can also apply the method to making ice-bowls to serve ice-cream (place a smaller bowl inside a large one) or make shot glasses.