Pineapple is one of my favourite fruits, and it’s so versatile – it can be used in sweet and savoury dishes; makes an excellent mixer in cocktails and can be eaten both raw and cooked. This is a great dessert to serve as finale to a barbeque.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10-15 minutes
- 1 pineapple, quartered lengthways, leaving the skin on
- 4 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tsp Fairtrade ground cinnamon
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat a griddle pan or barbecue to medium.
- Cook the pineapple quarters for 2-3 minutes on all sides until just softened and a little charred.
- Just before removing from the heat, sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- To serve, cut away the fruit from the skin and cut up into slices.
- Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.