Triple Chocolate Banana Cake Bars
I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and banana together. I think it’s a match made in dessert heaven so when I stumbled across this recipe for chocolate and banana cake bars – which contained all three types of chocolate – I knew I had to share it with you.
Guess who’ll be baking away this weekend?
Makes: 16 cake bars
250g plain flour
130g butter, softened
100g soft brown sugar
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g dark chocolate
30g white chocolate
30g milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Butter and line 2 22cm x 24cm cake tins.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mash bananas.
- Add to the butter mixture along with vanilla and eggs.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl.
- Combine well.
- Add all the chocolate and milk.
- Stir well.
- Spoon mixture into tins.
- Bake in the middle shelf of oven for about 20mins.
- Insert a skewer or knife into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean it’s ready.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice into rectangles while in the tin.
- Remove from tin and serve.
- Instead of making cake bars, this mixture can be used to make muffins. Just substitute cake tins for muffin tray lined with muffin cases.
- Chocolate can either be broken into chunks or shop bought chocolate chips can also be used.
Posted on September 17, 2014, in In The Kitchen and tagged bake, Baking, baking powder, banana cake, bananas, bicarbonate of soda, Butter, Cake, cake bars, cake tins, Chocolate, chocolate chips, Cook, cooking, dark chocolate, eggs, Flour, food, fruit, milk chocolate, plain flour, recipes, soft brown sugar, Sugar, tray bake, vanilla, vanilla extract, white chocolate. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.