Sweet Griddled Pineapple
Pineapple is one of my favourite fruits, and it’s so versatile – it can be used in sweet and savoury dishes; makes an excellent mixer in cocktails and can be eaten both raw and cooked. This is a great dessert to serve as finale to a barbeque.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10-15 minutes
- 1 pineapple, quartered lengthways, leaving the skin on
- 4 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tsp Fairtrade ground cinnamon
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat a griddle pan or barbecue to medium.
- Cook the pineapple quarters for 2-3 minutes on all sides until just softened and a little charred.
- Just before removing from the heat, sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- To serve, cut away the fruit from the skin and cut up into slices.
- Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Posted on July 19, 2014, in In The Kitchen and tagged barbeque, castor sugar, Cinnamon, dessert, food, fruit, griddled, lime, lime wedges, pineapple, pudding, recipes, Spice, Sugar. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.