Monthly Archives: June 2014
Summer has officially descended upon us and the weather is just making me want to drink… and drink… and drink! Forget food, I just want something to quench my thirst so no prizes for guessing what’s going to make up most of this week’s shopping list!
I came across some delicious sounding recipes for drinks which I thought I’d share with you, including one for a hot coffee drink which may not sound ideal for the warmer weather, but a girl always has to get her early morning coffee fix!
One of my fave coffee flavours – hazelnut!
A cup of whisked, warmed milk
1 tsp. coffee powder
A swirl of cream
- Put coffee powder into a latte cup.
- Add a tbsp. of boiling water to coffee and stir.
- Add hazelnut syrup.
- Top up with whisked, warmed milk.
- Add a swirl of cream.
I love mangoes and anything made from this delicious fruit so it’s no surprise that it’s something I always order when I go to an Indian restaurant – although I have yet to make it myself! This version also includes mint – something I’ve never tried in a lassi.
A small bunch of mint leaves
1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
2tbsp. low-fat yogurt
1tsp. runny honey
- Whizz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Fill a tall glass with some ice.
- Pour lassi over ice – and serve!
Pretty much Bucks Fizz – something I usually have with breakfast Christmas morning but I bet an ice-cold glass of Clementine Fizz would go down very well on a hot day.
Juice of 1 Clementine
1tsp. triple sec
Prosecco or Cava
- Put the juice in a champagne flute.
- Add the triple sec.
- Top with Prosecco or cava.
Who wouldn’t like a glass of champers?
1 sugar cube
A dash of Angostura bitters
10ml brandy or cognac
Champagne or your favourite sparkling wine
- Place sugar cube in a fluted glass.
- Add Angostura bitters and brandy or cognac.
- Top with Champagne or sparkling wine.
WASABI BLOODY MARY
usually made with tobacco sauce, this version uses wasabi for an even more powerful kick!
1ltr tomato juice
3tbsp. wasabi powder
6 shots vodka
1tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 lemons, halved
6 celery sticks
Handful of ice
- Place ice in glasses.
- Put all other ingredients – except celery – into a large jug.
- Stir well.
- Pour into glasses over the ice.
- Serve with celery sticks.
Enjoy these gorgeous drinks. Enjoy the Summer!
All recipes from Woman’s Own, March 2014
All recipes serve one unless otherwise stated.